Translater

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Persistence Pays Off

When Caren Valadez was visiting our group three weeks ago, we met a very sincere man named Luis and his 17 year old son. When we asked for Bible studies, he said no at first. Caren appealed to him and reclosed and he signed up. Next week he rescheduled then it fell through, week after that, same thing. By the third week I wasn't sure how sincere he was.

When I showed up at his house, everything was dark. I was standing at his door about to write a note on a flier when him and his wife drove up. He apologized for being late, and we proceeded to do the Daniel 2 study. All of my questions he answered almost perfectly, even when we hadn't found the answer yet. When we went to Daniel 8 with the ram and the he goat, immediately, he caught on that the goat must be Greece and the horn must be Alexander the Great. When we got to the iron and the clay, he started telling me about how clay reacts against iron, how it won't stick to it. He assured me he'd never seen this prophecy before, though. He also told me of his strong desire to start going back to church, to read the Bible, and to be the spiritual leader of his home. Him and his son also decided to come to the evangelistic series. "Maybe we can even get my wife to come," he said.

Praise God He helped me be persistent with Luis. Luis told me that he probably wouldn't have made the effort to make it work if i hadn't persisted in calling him and rescheduling. Persistence does pay off. Pray that his whole family comes to the series!

Laressa

No comments:

Post a Comment